Athens Sightseeing Tour (includes The Acropolis Museum)
Explore Athens city through this amazing group tour, visit Acropolis & Acropolis Museum & much more in between.
Half day Athens sight seeing tour. Included a short visit to the Acropolis of Athens and the Acropolis Museum, said to be one of the highest profile cultural projects undertaken in Europe this decade. The tour provides a unique contrast of modern Athens with sites of significant historical importance. Experience the harmony of the 'Golden Ratio' employed in the design of many these structures. In this condensed tour the guests are exposed to many sites and locations in the centre of Athens which they may desire to visit later at their pace on their own.
This tour gives you an opportunity to observe the striking contrasts that make Athens such a fascinating city.
Our expert guides will take you to see the Panathenaic Stadium where the first Olympic Games of modern times were held in 1896 (short stop).
Continue and pass by the Prime Minister's residence (ex Royal Palace) guarded by the Euzones in their colorful uniform, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Hadrian's Arch, the Parliament and the memorial to the Unknown Soldier, the Academy, the University, the National Library, the Constitution Square (Syntagma).
On the Acropolis visit the Architectural Masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: The Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion and finally "the harmony between material and spirit", the monument that "puts order in the mind", the Parthenon.
Continue and visit the place where at last the statues found their home and admire the wonders of the classical era: The Acropolis museum.
Departure approximately at 08:45 - Return approximately at 13:30
Sightseeing: Acropolis, Acropolis Museum, Panathenaic Stadium, Evzones, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian's Arch, Greek Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Academy, University, National Library, Constitution Square (Syntagma).
- This tour include a complimentary pick-up / drop-off service from your hotel or other predefined spots in Athens and surrounding areas. Maximum duration of this service to gather tour participants is approximately 1 hour. Thus, pick-up time may vary for each guest and will be provided during the booking process.
- Due to certain restrictions in the visiting hours of the Acropolis museum the order of the program can be changed.
- Clients staying at the coast will be transferred back to their hotels with the Cape Sounion Tour bus.
- The tour is usually bilingual, implemented in English and one additional language (French or Italian). For more information prior to booking, please contact us. Our agents will also inform you on the languages of the tour after booking.
- Good Friday (26 April 2019): the tour will start at 11.00 - 11.30 a.m. and it will end approximately at 15.00 hrs.
- Operated by G.O. Tours
You might also like