3 Days Classical Tour - Epidaurus - Mycenae - Olympia - Delphi
Visit Mycenae (the home of King Agamemnon), Epidaurus Theater, ancient Olympia, Delphi oracle & more.
A 3-Days Classical Greece Period. Visit Epidaurus Theatre (ancient Greek θέατρον = theatron ‘’a place of viewing’’) The tragedies and comedy plays of Sophocles performed here to entertain and instruct the citizens. A short stop in Nafplion and proceed to visit Mycenae the home of King Agamemnon.Then on to Olympia where the ancient Olympic Games were held every four years at the sanctuary of Zeus. Next, Delphi ,site of the Delphic Oracle the most important oracle in the Classical Greek World and a site for the worship of The God Apollo recognized as a God of Light and the Sun, son of Zeus and Leto.
Sightseeing: Mycenae, Theater of Epidaurus, Corinth Canal, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Delphi.
DAY 1: Leave by the coastal road for the Corinth Canal (short stop). Drive on and visit the theatre of Epidaurus, famous for its remarkable acoustics. Then proceed to the town of Nafplion (short stop), drive on to Mycenae and visit the archaeological site and the Tomb of Agamemnon. Then depart for Olympia through the central Peloponnesus and the towns of Tripolis and Megalopolis. Dinner and overnight in Olympia, the cradle of the Olympic Games. (D)
DAY 2: In the morning visit the archaeological site with the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the ancient stadium and the archaeological museum. Then drive on through the plains of Ilia and Achaia and over the magnificent cable stayed bridge which crosses the Corinthian bay from Rion to Antirion. Pass by the picturesque towns of Nafpaktos (Lepanto) and Itea, arrive in Delphi. Dinner and overnight stay. (B,D)
DAY 3: In the morning visit the archaeological site and the museum. A couple of hours free time in Delphi before departing and drive through the village of Arachova, renowned for its colorful rugs and carpets. Return to Athens via Levadia and Thebes. Arrive in Athens early in the evening. (B)
Dep. 08.45 approx. - Ret. 19.00 (3rd day) approx.
Operated by G.O. Tours
- This tour includes a complimentary pick-up / drop-off service from your hotel or other predefined spots in Athens and surrounding areas. Maximum duration of this service to gather tour participants is approximately 1 hour. Thus, pick-up time may vary for each guest and will be provided during the booking process.
- Clients staying at the coast will depart for their hotels, from G.O. terminal around 19:30 hrs
- The tour is usually bilingual, implemented in English and one additional language (French or Italian). For more information prior to booking, please contact us. Our agents will also inform you on the languages of the tour after booking.
- The tour that begins on Saturday, April 27 2019, will be operated without visiting the archaeological Site & the Museum of Olympia, on Sunday, April 28 20019.
- The tour that begins on Tuesday, April 30 2019, will be operated without visiting the archaeological Site & the Museum of Olympia, on Wednesday, May 1 20019.
You might also like