2 Days Delphi - Meteora Monasteries Tour
Combine 2 very important spiritual locations, the Delphi oracle & the ageless Meteora monasteries.
Arrive in Delphi and visit the archaeological site (Visit to the museum in Delphi is not included) . After the visit depart for Kalambaka where you will spend your night (dinner and overnight). The following morning visit Meteora and the monasteries atop these monoliths.
Sightseeing: Delphi, Thermopylae, Meteora.
DAY 1: Transfer to renowned Delphi. Two hours at leisure to stroll through the picturesque village, enjoy the breathtaking scenery from the slopes of Mount Parnassus arrive in Delphi and visit the Arcaeological Site. After the visit depart for Kalambaka, passing through the picturesque villages and towns of central Greece. Dinner and overnight. (D)
DAY 2: Visit Meteora. Amidst striking scenery, perched on huge rocks which seem to be suspended in mid-air, stand ageless monasteries where you can see exquisite specimens of Byzantine art. Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae (visit the monument of Leonidas). Arrive in Athens early in the evening. (B)
Dep. approx. 08.45 - Ret. 19.00 (2nd day) approx.
Operated by G.O. Tours
- This tour includes a complimentary pick-up / drop-off service from your hotel or other predefined spots in Athens and surrounding areas. Maximum duration of this service to gather tour participants is approximately 1 hour. Thus, pick-up time may vary for each guest and will be provided during the booking process.
- Clients staying at the coast will depart for their hotels, from G.O. terminal around 19:30hrs.
- Appropriate clothing is required to visit the Monasteries. Long skirts below the knees for the ladies and long trousers for the gentlemen. The monasteries, also, provide long skirts before every entrance. The ladies can choose and wear a long skirt over their clothing, during the tour, and return it, prior to their departure.
- In this lean, combo, Delphi Meteora tour, at Delphi the tour company will usually move guests travelling to Meteora onto another bus. After the short Delphi visit guests will depart for Kalambaka/Meteora where you will spend the night (dinner and overnight). The following morning visit Meteora and the monasteries atop these spectacular monoliths.
- The tour is usually bilingual, implemented in English and one additional language (French or Italian). For more information prior to booking, please contact us. Our agents will also inform you on the languages of the tour after booking.
You might also like