5 Days Classical Tour
Visit some of the most iconic Greek sites, including Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia, Delphi & Meteora.
From the classic ancient Olympic Stadium at Olympia to the famous rock-tower monasteries of Meteora and Nafplio, the first capital of modern Greece - you'll visit some of the most iconic sites in Greece on this five-day tour from Athens.
Sightseeings: Corinth Canal, Theater of Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia, Thermopylae, Delphi, Meteora.
- DAY 1: Leave by the coastal road to the Corinth Canal (short stop). Drive on and visit the Theatre of Epidaurus, famous for its remarkable acoustics. Then proceed to the town of Nafplion. Afternoon free. Overnight. (D)
- DAY 2: Morning free. Depart around 12:30 for Mycenae and visit the Archaeological Site and the Tomb of Agamemnon. Then depart for Olympia through Central Peloponnese and the towns of Tripolis and Megalopolis. Overnight in Olympia, the cradle of the Olympic Games. (B,D)
- DAY 3: In the morning visit the Archaeological Site with the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the Ancient Stadium and the Archaeological Museum. Then drive on through the plains of Ilia and Achaia until the magnificent bridge which is crossing the Corinthian Bay from Rion to Antirion. Pass by the picturesque towns of Nafpactos (Lepanto) and Itea, arrive in Delphi. Overnight. (B, D)
- DAY 4: In the morning visit the Archaeological Site and the Museum. Depart for Kalambaka, a small town stated at the foot of the astonishing complex of Meteora, gigantic rocks. Overnight. (B, D)
- DAY 5: Visit Meteora, among striking scenery, perched on top of huge rocks which seem to be suspended in mid-air, stand ageless Monasteries, where you can see exquisite specimens of Byzantine art. Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae (short stop to see across the road the Leonida’s Monument). Arrive in Athens early in the evening. (B)
Departure at approximately 08:45 - Return at approximately 19:00 (5th day)
You might also like