Make your Own Ancient Greek Strategy Game Workshop
This afternoon walking tour will let you discover the historical Athens center and the Museum of Ancient Greek Technology Kostas Kotsanas. Enjoy a 1-hour workshop of the Ancient Greek Strategy Game.
You are visiting Greece. You will visit museums and archaeological sites and now you can complete your experience and come to real contact with the most ancient form of technology by participating in this clay workshop.
The tour will start from the Kotsanas Museum of Ancient Greek Tecnology which is nominated for the European Museum of the Year Award 2019.
The European Museum Forum was founded in 1977. It is under the auspices of the European Council aiming to award and encourage innovative approaches among the museums community.
First, in one hour guided tour you will have the opportunity to experience the technological achievements of Ancient Greeks .
Later on in our "Make your Own Ancient Greek Strategy Game",from the zatrikion to the puzzle, the tangram, chess, backgammon and tic tack toe” and under the guidance of the Museum’s experts staff, you will discover the most important intelligence strategy games from the Minoan to the Late Hellenistic period. You will practice playing the “ostomachion” of Archimedes that consists of 14 pieces.
After the end of the workshop we are moving towards the Parliament (the Old Palace) to observe the change of the Greek Presidential Guard (the famous Evzone). After the change, the children can take photos with the guards.
You will then be guided to the National Garden (next to the Parliament) and walk in its maze-like paths, discovering archaeological treasures hidden among the plants, and sharing stories under the shade. The National Garden is a 19th-century monument, adorned with statues of patrons of the modern Greek State, small lakes, a few buildings of delicate beauty, and an irrigation system that is unique in Europe.
Our tour ends in Syntagma square the most important square in Modern Greece.
This tourwill let you discover, apart from the historical center of Athens (Changing of the Guards, Greek Parliament and National Gardens) the Museum of Ancient Greek Technology Kostas Kotsanas which offers a unique entertaining and educational experience different to anything you have met until today. It will be an Unforgettable day at the Museum, with A Unique Entertaining Workshop for Youngsters, Grown-Ups and Families.
- Meeting point: Syntagma Metro Station
- Meeting time: 14:45-15:00
- Kick-off: at 15:00 sharp
- Exit towards: 1st sign Syntagma Square/Grande Bretagne . 2nd sign Syntagma Square (it exits on Syntagma Square). The people should wait on Syntagma Square as soon as they come up the last stairs and exit on the square.
- Drop off location: Syntagma Square
- Duration: 3 ½ Hours approximately
- This is a walking tour, so athletic shoes are recommended (no sandals). You will be walking on paved paths that can be slippery, and you will go through some uphill and downhill.
- The Change of the Presidential Guard takes place on the clock of each hour. However, unpredicted street activity nearby sometimes hinders the transfer of the guards on time, which may lead to delays beyond our control
- You may wish to carry a bottle of water with you while inside the National Garden, since there are limited opportunities for refreshments there
- Finally, don’t forget hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, cameras, and your thirst for stories.
You might also like